DC Stop Smoking offers support 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure success of quitting smoking. There is an 85% success rate using the package that DC Stop Smoking offers.
Winners will be asked to print and complete the following checklist before they arrive, preferably the night before the show:
- Get rid of all nicotine products.
- Throw away all cigarette lighters. Buy some long candle or BB-Q lighters.
- Clean up your smoking areas, pick up all butts and remove all ashtrays.
- Clear out your car, truck and garage. Check all those coat pockets.
- YOU NEED TO BE SMOKE-FREE FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR TO TREATMENT. YOU MUST BE CHEW-FREE FOR 3 HOURS.
- If someone in your house smokes, ask them to please keep their nicotine picked up and out of your sight. If they will smoke outside for the first 2 or three weeks following your treatment, it would be best for you.
- Ask your family members or very close friends to not ask you about how you are doing. (We will teach you a response)
- Do not tell everyone you are quitting. It only hampers your retraining program. You don't need everyone bugging you.
- DO NOT BUY CANDY, GUM, MINTS OR OTHER SUBSTITUTES.
You will not need them.